Sunday, December 20, 2009

JT J.D.

One of the great things about blogging is becoming a part of the community of bloggers and sharing information with each other. I’m only one person, and it’s difficult for me to do all the research that is necessary to keep Kansans informed. Because of this, and in the spirit of the Christmas season, I would like to share my gratitude for the Kansas Kid Conservative who brought to light another controversial Tweet from Vicki Tiahrt.


He transcribed her tweet by writing, ‘“Jessica [The Tiahrt's daughter] passed the bar exam, she passed, she passed, she passed!”’


While the Kid Conservative believes he is using sarcasm in describing this Tweet as controversial, I believe that it is far from sarcastic given the fact that Mr. Tiahrt has previously spoken negatively about lawyers. It makes no sense to me that the Tiahrts would be pleased with their daughter becoming a lawyer given Mr. Tiahrt’s previous criticisms of lawyers.


Don’t get me wrong, it IS a big deal that their daughter passed the bar. My father is a lawyer and has told me countless times how difficult the test is; I have nothing but the utmost respect for lawyers and their profession, and likewise Jessica Tiahrt.


My problem is that less than a month ago Mr. Tiahrt was criticizing a profession that his own daughter is about to enter. What kind of parent does that?


I believe that Mr. Tiahrt’s comments about lawyers (coupled with his daughter's career) demonstrated that he is a person that will say anything in order to gain a political advantage. He didn’t hesitate to criticize his daughter’s profession [who knows if he actually meant what he said] when it could potentially hurt his opponent, and I am scared what else he will say or do in order to get elected.


This incident is just more evidence that Todd Tiahrt is a man who will do anything for a political gain, and a man that cannot be trusted by regular Kansans like the rest of us.


Litigiously yours,


Publius

1 comment: